Monday, November 19, 2012

Seattle Auto Show: Steering Wheel and Dashboard Edition

I spent Saturday morning tooling around the 2012 Seattle Auto Show with my son checking out the latest models from the major auto makers. As usual, I was more interested in some of the less-expensive small models than the exotic sports cars and luxury brands. Rather than do a broad recap of the show I'm going to do a series of posts that focus on trends or details that I found interesting.

This edition looks at some of the steering wheel and dashboard designs that I saw on the show floor. Also see my look at the tailpipe and exhaust designs and the wheels and rims

Spokes, buttons, leather, faux chrome and plastic were all represented when I was able to get my hands on the wheels of several interesting cars and trucks.

Hyundai Elantra GT steering wheel
Hyundai Elantra GT steering wheel.
I would have strongly considered this model if it had been on sale when I was shopping in the late spring.
But the interior of my VW GTI is much, much higher quality.

Chevrolet Volt cockpit and steering wheel
Chevrolet Volt cockpit and steering wheel

Subaru Crosstrek steering wheel
Subaru Crosstrek steering wheel.
Good looking car on the outside, not so much on the inside.

Subaru BR-Z steering wheel
Subaru BR-Z  with a meaty steering wheel to go with its sporty performance.

Jeep Grand Cherokee steering wheel
Jeep Grand Cherokee steering wheel

Dodge Journey dashboard and steering wheel
Dodge Journey dashboard and steering wheel.
I was impressed with this vehicle's packaging until I saw the fuel economy numbers.

Dodge Dart dashboard
The Dodge Dart dashboard with dueling screens.

Dodge Ram steering wheel
The Dodge Ram pickup has the big, thick wheel you would expect.
This is bar far, the nicest of the full-size pickup interiors.

Mini Cooper Coupe steering wheel
A meaty Mini Cooper Coupe steering wheel and dashboard

Morgan Three Wheeler interior
Morgan Three Wheeler interior

Nissan Frontier dashboard
Audi S6 interior
Audi always does great interiors. The S6 is excellent.

Honda Accord dashboard
Honda kept the new Accord's dash straightforward

Chevrolet Spark dash
Chevrolet Spark dash.
Small and inexpensive no longer means drab.

Cadillac CTS steering wheel
A Cadillac CTS wagon with a cool suede steering wheel and trim.

BMW 328 dashboard and wheel
The new BMW 328 dashboard and wheel remain clean and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment