Monday, January 31, 2011

GTSOTR REVIEW - Dodge Charger Vehicle App

Dodge Charger vehicle info iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

During last week's podcast we mentioned that Dodge had put its owner's manual into an iPhone app. Right after the show I downloaded the app to my now 16gb ipod touch 3G and "tested" it out over the weekend.

While I don't think that Dodge has done anything revolutionary in putting their owner's manual into an app (see what Hyundai did) it is a nice step in the right direction. You have quick access to the most popular and important features, along with safety tips and directions for most of the stuff that you can take care of on your own without having to call AAA. Having the quick searchable access, vibrant photos and helpful videos all on your phone/tab/device is a great and helpful feature that I expect all automakers to embrace in the next couple of years.

This one is very basic but it still beats getting the owners manual case out of my door, then actually grabbing the manual from the case, watching all of the over stuff that is in the case fall out, checking the table of contents and finding the page with your problem and/or question.

Even if you don't own a Dodge Charger, it may be worth to take a look at this app and see if this is something you want for your vehicle. It would definitely clear up some space on my driver's side door which is currently overflowing with my manual and all of the extra stuff that I will probably never use.

No comments:

Post a Comment